First off, I want to commend Shannon for doing such an amazing job last week with her social media presentation…Great job! I definitely had it in mind as I was looking through my Google Reader posts this morning, and I stumbled across this post (find it here: http://www.inthelibrarywiththeleadpipe.org/2011/reconsidering-facebook/). I thought it was definitely worth sharing with you guys, considering all the food for thought that Shannon gave us! This article primarily discusses how Facebook has changed from a cool way for librarians to engage with patrons into a private-information-sharing monster that doesn’t allow you to separate your professional and private lives. It also has several links to other cool sites and blogs that explore the pros and cons to maintaining a Facebook profile…I am definitely considering deleting mine, but I have a great deal to think about now…What about y’all?
- Claire on A Careful Look at Throwing All Our Eggs in the Electronic Basket
- Dr. MacCall on A Careful Look at Throwing All Our Eggs in the Electronic Basket
- Joe on Easing the Discomfort of Chronic Conditions
- Dr. MacCall on Where America Needs Doctors…And Librarian Services
- Claire on “The Complete Guide to Getting the Most Out of Twitter”